The Holidays can be a very exciting time of year, especially when you have young children, or if extended family comes to visit. This time of year is filled with the hustle and bustle of parties, family gatherings, shopping, and many other seasonal activities. In the busyness of the season we at CHARIS Insurance just want to remind you of a few things to keep in mind to ensure a safe and enjoyable season for you and your loved ones.
- If you are traveling take the time to prepare your car for the winter season, and even put a preparedness kit in the car
- Keep potentially poisonous plants away from kids and pets
- Keep your tree away from any heat sources
- Make sure your tree is watered daily
- Replace lights that broken sockets or frayed wires
- Keep small ornaments or those with detachable parts on higher branches out of the reach of small children
- Turn off your decorations prior to going to bed
- Make sure you have a screen on your wood burning fireplace
- Make sure you have had your chimney inspected or cleaned
- Make sure any gifts you are giving to children are age appropriate so as to not have small pieces that can be swallowed
Remember even in the busyness of the season take time to enjoy those around and reflect on the things in your life that you have to be thankful for.