We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
At CHARIS Insurance Group, we recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
Now Accepting Applications for:
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pre-qualifies referral business (from assigned current clients) and gives to appropriate person to handle quoting.
- Informs and educates clients about policy coverage, changes, exclusion, and insurance coverage needs.
- Provides technical support to producer(s) to benefit clients and to reach agency’s strategic business goals.
- Prepares proposals and completes application in coordination with producer(s) on assigned Tier A accounts and by themselves for Tier B and C accounts.
- Submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; obtains client signatures on applications; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Produces the following for assigned clients: binders, certificates, policies, endorsements, and other related items; verifies their accuracy.
- Assists clients with making coverage changes in an automated environment supported by transactional filing; handles billing and invoices accordingly; uses each contact with the client as an opportunity to review the whole account, and rounding out of accounts where needed.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals as needed for account review.
- In conjunction with marketing account manager handles the remarketing of renewals, contacts clients, creates renewal proposals, and handles other renewal activities in coordination with the producer on Tier A accounts, and by self on Tier B and C accounts.
- Renews policies following agency standards; verifies each renewal’s accuracy; ensures that all renewals are produced.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Maintains and updates electronic and transactional files.
- Verifies policy and change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes incoming mail requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Verifies accuracy of all direct billed cancellations and takes appropriate corrective action when needed.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies producer(s) according to agency standards.
- Processes and follows up on cancellation request to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution;
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, obtaining adjustors or visits from agency staff; facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status to keep insureds informed and to work towards settlement of claims; uses each claim contact as an occasion to review coverage and market as needed.
- Actively solicits increases in coverage and rounds out accounts through sales to clients; leaves good documentation of all contacts.
- Refers current and prospective clients to Life Department and to Personal Lines for solicitation of those lines of business; assists in profiling the commercial book of business for marketing purposes.
- Assists in designing of, or independently designs, insurance plans for clients as assigned and directed by the agency management.
- Assists or completes other tasks as directed by agency management.
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Actively keeps up with continuing education requirements while personal insurance industry designations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College education or equivalent experience.
- Valid PA Property & Casualty License within 60 days of start date.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Knowledge of insurance products and usages.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverage, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, and to accurately perform simple calculations involving decimals and fractions.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality.
- Field of vision must be adequate to observe up and down or right to left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Physical efforts required include, repetitive small motor activities, grasping, verbally communicating detailed and important information to others quickly and accurately, stooping, reaching, standing.
- Fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work of the positions and physical requirements normal to the position. Principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties and other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support principal duties.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision as needs arise. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified reasonably to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members.
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.